2019 SOUNDOLOGIST TRAININGS
100-HOUR CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
LOS ANGELES, CA
Beyond the sound bath
There is so much more to playing the gong or composing an effective sound bath than simply knowing how to play an instrument.
Yes, technique is incredibly important (and we’ve got you covered with wonderfully fun and effective technique training!). But to play an instrument for the purpose of others’ alignment, relaxation, and healing, a player must also understand how to quiet their own mind, read the room, and allow the instrument’s vibrations to shape the session.
Soundologist Training WILL FOCUS on these 4 important categories
1. Instrumentation: Technique, Knowledge, Care, & Musicality.
2. Science & Theory: How and Why does this all work?
3. Yogic Philosophy, Tradition, & Personal Practice:
Before you can lead students and clients on a journey, you must learn about and embark on the journey yourself.
4. Deep Listening: The key to it all, in a sound bath and in life.
+ WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
Upon completing this training, you'll be able to:
- Confidently lead a gong-based sound bath
- Design & give a custom private sound session
- Knowledgeably use a variety of healing sound instruments, including gong, tuning forks, crystal bowls, & voice
- Speak with ease about how & why sound affects the body, mind, & spirit
- Play together with other Soundologists in a group
- Enjoy the incorporation of sound into your daily life for deeper peace, joy, & healing
- Carry a virtual toolkit (for yourself and others) of sound-based tips and tricks to combat stress, anxiety, and various emotions
+ DATES & HOURS
This 100-Hour training includes 60 classroom hours and 40 off-site hours.
The 60 classroom hours, plus the graduation concert event, are scheduled as follows:
- Weekend 1: April 6 & 7
- Weekend 2: April 20 & 21
- Weekend 3: May 4 & 5
- Concert: TBD, Summer 2019
These amazing weekends must be attended in person, and they last from approximately 9am-6pm with a break for lunch. The time details for the concert will be given when the course begins.
The 40 off-site hours will be earned via a combination of home practice, small-group study, personal projects, co-teaching experiences, online content, and the gradution concert event on [TBD Saturday in Summer].
More details regarding this concert, and the home study requirements, will be given when the course starts!
Los Angeles, CA
Our course meets in a beautiful private residence. The exact address will be given in the Welcome materials shortly before the course begins.
+ TRAINING MATERIALS
We’re very passionate about ensuring that you exit this program equipped and ready to spread sound around the world!
Therefore, some essential tools are included in the price of tuition.
You'll receive these on Day 1 of the course:
- 1 Paiste M3 Gong Mallet
- 1 Biosonics Otto 128 weighted tuning fork
- 1 Soundologist Workbook & Training Manual
- 2 Books
- List of Recommended Bibliography & Resources
+ REGISTRATION & TUITION
PAY IN FULL
- $2,500 when you pay in full by 1/9/19 (HOLIDAY RATE)
- $2,900 when you pay in full by 2/9/19 (EARLY BIRD RATE)
- $3,300 when you pay in full by 3/29/19 (FULL RATE)
PAY $875 DEPOSIT TO HOLD YOUR SPACE NOW
- $1,625 balance due when paid by 1/9/19
- $2,025 balance due when paid by 2/9/19
- $2,425 balance due when paid by 3/29/19
+ CONTACT & QUESTIONS
If you have questions about this training, or would like to chat with Lauren to discover if it's a fit for you, please fill out this form or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We can't wait to meet you!